Monday, February 1, 2010

Bi-polar Blues

(I imagine this being sung, alternating a slow, gritty blues riff with a fast swing)

Well, I don’t see no reason to live, and the sky is cold and grey;
Well, I don’t see no reason to live, and the sky is cold and grey;
Well there ain’t nothing for me no more, I ain’t getting’ outta bed today.

Now I dance, take a chance, make romance, prance along
And I’m shoutin’ out, out-and-out roustabout, shout a song
And I’m all around town, smile, frown, up an’ down, here’s my crown
Now I’m the king of everything, buy some bling, gotta sing, ring-a-ding-ding,
Damn! I’m just flyin’ too high!!!!!!!!


Sigh…

Well, I ran up too much on the credit card, when I was high yesterday;
Well, I ran up too much on the credit card, when I was high yesterday;
I’m even worse off than I was before, ‘cuz now there’s the devil to pay.

But what the hell, let’s play!

Hey, hey, hey, that’s the way, play today, later pay, what the hey,
Have a drink, never think, ‘fore you blink I’ll slink away,
Up all night, feelin’ light, not so bright, it’s all right, mighty gay,
So stoked, gonna joke, gonna smoke it down, toke it down, choke it down today –
Damn! I’m just flyin’ too high!!!!!!!!
My my my my my my my!


What the hell did I do last night? Man, I’m feelin’ mighty sick;
What in the name of God did I DO last night?!?! Man! I’m feelin’ mighty sick;
Well, I thought I was feelin’ all right last night, but now I see it was just a trick.
(I sure hope that the charges don’t stick!)

You say Prozac? I say no, Mack, I don’t wanna take no pill,
All I need’s a decent feed, and I won’t be feelin’ so ill,
Gotta wake up, gotta make up some excuse for the work that I missed;
Oh, dear Lord almighty have mercy, but the boss-man’s sure gonna be pissed!

Well… I guess maybe I’ll see a doctor, ‘cuz this craziness isn’t me.
Yeah, I’ll see that head-shrinker man too, and I’ll try to pay his fee. (We’ll have to wait an’ see).
Gotta lose these bi-polar blues, man, ‘cuz it’s a ugly, ugly place to be!

© John M. Munzer

1 comment: